Friday 23 July 2010

Celebrating my birthday on the Camino during holy year

Although, I remain uncertain of the point for doing so, I nevertheless celebrated my 67th birthday on the Camino during holy year. It was, in no small way, a celebration for having made it so far because of my resilience or what ever that allows me to continue forward however temporarily or briefly that may be. And, to proclaim my potential to further enjoy the gifts of life such as another loving relationship, in particular. I have no delusions of immortality  - none at all, and I'm acutely aware of the meaninglessness and arbitrariness of a cold, impersonal, and often hostile universe that remains beyond my understanding.

May I offer love, knowing that I cannot control the course of life, suffering, or death and be open to the true nature of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment