Tuesday 1 June 2010

I completed the Cami de Llevant

I completed the Cami de Llevant on Sunday 23 May 2010 with my arrival at the lighthouse of Cape Finisterre to enjoy the setting sun there. (However, we were rewarded by thick fog and eardrum splitting bellowing fog horns.) The Cami de Llevant was a repetitive long distance walk of 45 days over 1,290-km (not including some well-earned rest days in Toledo and Santiago de Compostela). The route passed like a bright ribbon, spattered with thick mud in parts, through five of Spain's regions: Valencian Community, Castile la Mancha, Madrid, Castile and Leon, and Galicia. That was a true coast to coast pilgrimage that's tough, challenging. However, the joys far outweigh the hardships. I´m not the first to walk the Cami Llevant but I do claim a high probability of being the first vegetarian to do so. That was tough, and I experienced some despair!

Credential

The credential is a record of all places where I stayed overnight (I did not request any stamps from bars and such like). These included: albergues (municipal and private), hostals, sport centres, religious centres (convents and monasteries), hotels. The standard of the accommodation varied considerably as did prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment