Sunday 14 March 2010

Are you sure it's safe to go alone?

I have only been in my small community for 18 months since relocating to Australia from the United Kingdom, and remain very much the 'stranger in our midst'. I enrolled for a Spanish language course to prepare for the Cami de Llevant. Our tutor was interested in our reasons for studying Spanish to better pitch her teaching. Of course, my pilgrimage received considerable interest but even more so because I'm going alone. (I had searched for companions but to no avail.) There were exclamations  of concern: "Are you sure it's safe?" Well, I don't know if it's safe or not. I certainly do not have the capacity or means to predict the future. Only God knows how long I have to live, and on this journey I place myself in his care. Totally!

I follow Shoma Morita's three rules: accept all your feelings, know your purpose(s), and do what needs to be done. Of course, I have been presented with feelings of trepidation, doubt, and such like, and that’s natural. But, I know my purpose and what needs to be done. I'm well prepared, in good health and reasonably fit and strong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment